My SJAB
Dew,
I could no longer hide.There are alot of things in my mind and well, now i am gonna voice out one of them.It's with regards to St john's. Well, after all i've heard about the things happening in my corp,i can't help but stop to think of the days i've spent with my fellow friends (My batch) to establish this corp.Now that's almost ruined, i can't bear to see it fall.I know the heart ache of seeing it fall and i've seen it almost fall and i can't see it lose it's grip anymore.
Dew, do you know how much my heart aches? It's more than words could say,given a chance to paint it out, i guess,no colours would be able to identify such a feeling.Bringing you back to my sec 1 days,i used to be one of those cadets who hated SJAB bcuz of the stupid trainings and the dull atmosphere.SOmehow or rather, training wasn't tough at all and that was why we were so called "Looked down" by other schools.I grit my teeth and told myself, this is where i am gonna make History in my school's SJAB.I used to remember the way Sir Koh train us.Oh my goodness! That was hell! Lifting our legs 90degrees for more than minutes but well, that was a good start for after that, i was actually the best example of a good cadet displaying the 90degrees leg lift.
During our training, when we actually got our uniforms,that was really funny at the same time hell.I remembered how we march or rather do foot drills under the shade or sun and when we get all exhausted Sir Koh would say :"Look at you ,you look like a shangrilla cook!","Lift up your bloody leg ! Don't be lazy!","Open your bloody ear and listen to the bloody command! " hahahaha...SO BLOODY! Then it was the time of the year where i and a few others are selected to go for NCO camp in sec1!! (NCO camp is only meant for sec2s n 3s).
The training was tough but from there i learnt alot and well, that's where i started to display my leadership skills.Not only that, I met the boy whom i loved secretly for 4 years.Bringing you to sec2 , that's where the real stuff happens.Sir koh no longer was the officer in charge.Instead , he brought in Mdm Yi hien and that was the time we were actually trained for our school's official opening(OO).I must say, there was quite an improvement in our corp during that time and before the OO starts, there were rehersals and i was the contingent commander.I remembered how Sir koh scolded me for my wrongs and well, he was harsh yet i took in the scoldings.Got some beatings from him but it was worth it.
I could actually recall the times how NPCC and NCC look down on us! BUT DAMN! their footdrill sucks to the core! The don't even display discipline in them as well as proper footdrill basics. It was during the rehersals that some of the UG noticed my skilled footdrill=P The principal during one of the rehersals inspection even whispered to me that i've done a good job! In sec 2 though the cadets were very few but i was determined to establish this very corp.Then, an opportunity struck on me.During one of the OO rehersals, in the class room, we actually had our promotion.Guess what? I was double promoted to Corporal and given the post as the Overall-In-Charge(OC) and having Daniel as my AOC(Assistant OC) to help me.
In sec2 , I remembered Mdm Yi hien actually fought for a place in the AGI(Annual General Inspection)GOH(Guard of honor) for my school.She told us because of this , she left the corp because no one was ready to accept a school like EAst Spring into the GOH but! We did.I remembered all those trainings, sacrifices i've made just to allow my later batches of cadets to enjoy the privellege of being praised by other UG but i was wrong.
In sec3, a much greater task was assigned to me.I was again the contingent commander of my school's speech day. The start of the year, i was having problems coping with the change in my new subjects and well, a new teacher in charge took over SJAB and She was Miss Fong.Mdm Yi hien no longer was with us and well, there comes Sean lean and sir vincent and Mdm Hui Noi.During the december holidays in sec 2, we were asked to make banners to attract the new sec1s and well, afterall , most of the making of the banner was done by me.I spent hours in a day and in the night designing and painting the banner alone.Orientation was quite dull, got so few cadets but then, i didn't give up.
Sec3, Me , Yvonne, Jing Jing,Aziyah,Eleanor and Huey yun was sent to represent our school for home nursing competition.The ambulance team were steven,christopher,daryl,saiful and fariq. We trained hard for it and sundays were sacrificed in which dad wasn't very happy about because i missed months of attendance in church.BUT We came in 4th position and that was a good start cuz everyone thought we would end up last. My subjects are failing and this was only the start.During our trainings i always quarrelle with jing jing and she's quite affecting in a sense there are times she showed how she wanted to domineer my post.Mdm hui noi sided her of course and that was freaking BLOODY!Jing Jing back stabbed me and well, as a secretary, she tried to buy over the cadets feelings and at that point some cadets hated me without knowing me.LAter on, the conflict was resolved and well, bad guys die!
I remembered the coming public duties we had to do,like the cross country, sports day and sports hits,gymnastic competition in Singapore and lots more .Time was sacrificed and my parents hated me then.Wasn't talking to them since then and things got worst.Sir KOh wanted me to join the NAtional camp in August and dad was very ANGRY! At the end, i went of course , for the sake of bringing up the name of SJAB in ESSs.I remembered how tough life was in sec3 and then comes the opportunity of becoming a instructor in the December NCO camp.Dad and i fought tough and this lasted till the day i book in for camp.I remembered dad even called up the officers to scold them.From that camp, i learnt lots more from my surrounding officers especially Marcus.
When iwas in sec 4, it was hard to let go.Of course, having said about Miss Fong, she ruined lotsa stuff in ESSS SJAb and well, i always got scolded for no rhyme or reason by her.Sec4, a new officer came in again but he was no one alien to me,He is marcus. Sec4 , we had to step down and there are still lotsa things we've yet to impart especially our "sjab spirit".Sec 4 wasn't the end, i was asked to go for officer training course and well, this question has prompted me since sec2 by my officers but sad to say, i can't sign on due to my family.
I love this CCA alot and till now, i can't bear to part with it.Especially now, when i've heard about all that is going on, i can;t help but want to be an officer in which i cant still.I wonder what marcus is thinkin about now but i still can sense the love fr sjab in him but i guess he's not on the right track.Marcus is always my only hope since the day i saw him in sec1.He was my role model and i did pray for him to come to my school one day to take over and it came true but now, things aren't just going right.I hope i can help him get on track and get sjab back on track too!
I shall look forward to helping my very corp and i shall never allow it to fall ! DEW !!! PLEASE SUPPORT ME!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home